You’ve purchased home insurance, but do you know the terms and conditions for compensation for burglaries and the break-in of your locks and doors? Many insurances require security equipment. In this guide, we’ll let you understand how you can protect your home from break-ins, trespassers, and intruders.
First step: Ensure quality locksmith Services!
For your home insurance, your home must be equipped with qualitative and reliable locksmith services. According to the guarantees subscribed, several contracts require that you have multi-point locks or even armor your front door. If it is stipulated to have other locksmithing options on your secondary doors, your windows, and your shutters, you will find them in your contract. Your insurance may oppose coverage for damage caused by an attempted break-in or burglary without compliance with these conditions.
We, therefore, advise you to take the help of a competent locksmith near you. This one will be able to decipher with you your burglary insurance guarantees.
With your insurer, when choosing coverage, tell them about the security levels of your place of residence and the risks associated with burglaries for perfect analysis.
Guaranteed options: Valuables
If you’re the victim of a break-in, your furniture, jewelry, clothing, and appliances are often stolen. It will be essential to check if they appear in your insurance contract. Clauses specific to certain valuables may be requested, such as the obligation to protect them in a safe. You will need to provide proof of the break-in to claim compensation and be warned that it is capped.
How to choose the best home security?
Your goal is to assess your home security risk depending on where you live in Odessa or the suburbs of Tampa. This can include installing an entrance and cellar door armor, securing the garage door with an alarm, multi-point locks, and grilles on your windows.
· Analysis with your insurer
Depending on the burglary insurance options, it may be necessary to review your lock and door protection to be compensated and, above all, to protect you from burglaries and break-ins. Go around your points of entry and analyze it all point by point with your insurer.
· Analysis with your Locksmith
With the help of a locksmith, you can list the locks or shields to be provided and plan their installation. Insurance often requires that your locks be installed by a professional locksmith or a locksmith company. Think about it! In case of break-in and damage to the locks and doors, you will have to prove an invoice for your security installations.
· Choose approved locks
The experienced locksmith will always first analyze the strength of your door then give you advice about its replacement. Indeed, a thin or worn door has no interest in having a lock or high-end shielding.
The longer the break-in time, the more your property is protected.
The A2P multi-point lock in 3, 5, and 9 points is the security reference par excellence. It combines robustness justified by the A2P designation and strength by the number of anchor points of the lock.
The different cylinders at your disposal:
- The half-cylinder is keyed to access from the outside and cannot be locked from the inside.
- The classic cylinder is the standard model. It has key access from inside or outside.
- The dis-engageable cylinder allows locking with the key even if another key is present in the cylinder on the other side. It does not provide optimum security in the event of an attempted break-in.
- The button cylinder is key operated from the outside, but a button locks it from the inside.
The A2P appointment is established according to 3 levels of security:
1 star: the lock is resistant for up to 5 minutes.
2 stars: the lock resists between 5 and 10 minutes
3 stars: the lock is resistant up to 15 minutes.
You’re the victim of a break-in at your home; what to do?
Being the victim of a break-in or seeing an attempt will require you to act as soon as possible to guarantee you the best possible insurance and breakdown assistance.
Follow the procedure:
- Report the incident to your insurer within 48 hours MAXIMUM, by telephone.
- File a complaint with the gendarmerie or the police station and ask for proof of the complaint.
- Send a registered letter detailing the break-in and attach a copy of the complaint.
- Contact our licensed locksmith in Odessa for replacement or repair of your locks and shields.
- Safely store damaged locks for physical proof of the break-in.
- List all the items that have been stolen or broken from you. Group the corresponding invoices or justify their attendance with photos if necessary.
- Prevention will always be the best option!
- Always lock your locks, lower your shutters when you are away and at night.
- Ask the gendarmerie to make patrols in the event of prolonged absences.
- As owner or tenant, you are the key players in a preserved and secure home. Plan ahead and choose to install reliable, sturdy locks, shields, and bolts, even if it means spending more money.
At All In One Locksmith, we can help you to install high-security locks, rekeying, key replacement, and more. To choose your lock, we offer A2P certified locks referenced by the National Center for Prevention and Protection.
Count on our team of Locksmith Odessa to increase the security of your family and assets.